Gokada is one of the leading technology startups in Nigeria, and has the potential to become one of the most impactful companies in all of Africa. The company operates the leading “superapp” on-demand multi-service platform in Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria, and Gokada’s services include delivery, ride-hailing, and other verticals. Similar to how more mature international peers such as Gojek, Grab, and Pathao evolved, Gokada is growing very rapidly and has attracted a strong roster of local and international VC backers.
We are looking for highly organized candidates with good quantitative ability for the position of fleet manager.
Moreover, fleet manager will possess skills such as efficient use of time, excellent leadership and decision-making skill.
Fleet managers are responsible for assisting in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet, maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection and scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency, among other duties.
- Developing efficient driver schedules to maximize profits.
- Managing drivers so they adhere to strict schedules.
- Registering and licensing all vehicles under their management.
- Finding ways to cut maintenance costs and maximize profits.
- Developing strategies for greater fuel efficiency.
- Maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection.
- Complying with State / National Transport laws and regulations.
- Scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency.
- Ensuring strict servicing and maintenance times to minimize downtime and maintain schedules.
- Analyzing data to increase business operational efficiency.
- Utilizing Tracking systems to monitor drivers and track vehicles in case of breakdown and theft.
- Nurture a positive working relationship amongst team members
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics ,accounting or equivalent, MBA preferred
- 4+ years in a logistics role.
- Experience in the transportation industry.
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills.
- Quantitative ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Proven ability to manage budgets.
- Professional and proactive work ethic.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying