Gokada is one of the leading technology startups in Nigeria, and has the potential to become one of the most impactful companies in all of Africa. The company operates the leading “superapp” on-demand multi-service platform in Africa’s largest economy, Nigeria, and Gokada’s services include delivery, ride-hailing, and other verticals. Similar to how more mature international peers such as Gojek, Grab, and Pathao evolved, Gokada is growing very rapidly and has attracted a strong roster of local and international VC backers.
We are expanding quickly and looking for top-tier talent to help us bring affordable and accessible transportation options to cities and define what future safe streets will look like.
About the Role
As a city launcher, you are the first “boots-on-the-ground” representative for new Gokada markets. In each new city, you will run through an operational playbook, including recruiting a team, recruiting riders, working with city regulators, and testing and iterating on various operational models. This role requires great project management skills and a determination to “hustle” and get things done.
* Build a launch plan and budget for each market you're launching to operationalize a fleet of riders in a matter of weeks
* Recruit and build out a foundation for a strong local operational team
* Grow initial ridership through launch marketing campaigns in close coordination with HQ
* Be the initial operations point-of-contact for city regulators, local businesses, and riders.
* Continually innovate on launch playbooks to help scale our other cities
* Work cross-functionally with our Ops, Eng, and BD teams to streamline processes
* 2 - 4 years of operations management, consulting, banking or tech background
* Analytical background: you can mold and understand data to drive action and results
* Project management experience with an obsession over details
* Excellent communication skills: collaborate effectively across internal teams and work with local governments and businesses
* An entrepreneurial spirit - no problems with getting your hands dirty
* Flexibility to travel 70-80% of the year